Bend is a year-round destination located in Central Oregon. The city has something to offer for all ages and interests. The following is just a sampling of what Bend has to offer.
- Ski Resort: Mt Bachelor is approximately 22 miles away from Lara House Bed and Breakfast. The mountain offers downhill skiing, snowboarding and Nordic skiing. They also offer dog-sled rides and snowmobiling as well as sledding and tubing. (800) 829-2442.
- Snowshoeing is available through Wanderlust Tours. They have several guided tour options to choose from. (541) 389-8359.
- River Rafting is available through Ouzel Outfitters. They offer a variety of adventures from one-day trips to overnight trips on the Deschutes River. (800) 788-7238.
- Tubing, Kayaking and Canoeing: Tumalo Creek Kayak & Canoe offers rentals, classes and river tours. (541) 317-9407
- Guided Canoeing (and Moonlight Canoeing) on the Cascade Lakes, Volcano Tours and Cave Tours, all with Wanderlust Adventures.
- Picnicking at the Cascade Lakes (25 miles)
- Rock climbing at the world renowned Smith Rock State Park. The park covers 651 acres, which includes the park and a campground, both of which are open year-round. Not into climbing? That’s okay because there are many hiking trails to choose from. First Ascent is celebrating their 20th year of guiding and instructing at Smith Rock. (877) CLIMB11
- Mountain biking : (2 miles) Contact Cog Wild for one-day tours. (866) 610-4822
- Spa W is “Bend’s ultimate day spa”, just a few blocks from the Lara House Bed and Breakfast. Services include massages, body treatments, facials, manicures and pedicures. Gift certificates are also available. For more information go to www.spa-w.com or call 541-388-1485.
- Crow’s Feet Commons is a great place to rent bikes, grab a coffee or a beer. And it is within walking distance from the Lara House Bed and Breakfast. (541)-728-0066
- Donner Flowers
- Ariana: A great romantic restaurant for celebrating that special occasion. Northwest cuisine with a separate Gluten Free Menu.
- Barrio: A Latin-inspired tapas restaurant that is within walking distance from the B&B.
- Noi Thai Cusine: Traditional Thai dishes within walking distance from the B&B.
- 900 Wall: Modern American food that is within walking distance from the B&B.
- Pine Tavern: The Pine Tavern is an iconic Bend restaurant that has been offering great food for over 75 years. This restaurant is within walking distance from the B&B.
- Zydeco: An American-style restaurant with a Cajun twist. They also offer a Gluten Free menu. This restaurant is within walking distance from the B&B.
Arts and Entertainment
- Deschutes Brewery
- The Bend Ale Trail Beer Tour: This is a fun way to check out all of the breweries in the Bend area.
- Tower Theatre
- Bend Galleries
- 2nd Street Street Theater
- The Old Mill
- Bend Concerts